Thursday, January 12, 2012

SPICE World

So we learned a little about spices and Moroccan food yesterday. Today we made a few seasonings/sauces, and cooked with Beef, Scallops, && Quail. It all came out sooo good! Enjoy=]
 The Top beef skewer was marinated with a Chimmichurri sauce that I made. Everyone used it up before I was able to decorate my plate *sad face*. But it still came out good. The bottom beef skewers were seasoned with a Southwestern Chili Powder that i made. It was a pretty good mixture of spices! and Spicy, just like a like it ;)   (im not gonna list all the ingredients, its soo much!!)and its decorated with Saffron Israeli CousCous.{ My beef looks over done but i promise its not.It wasnt that dark. Its the camera on my phone (lol) My chef said it was cooked perfect. yay.}
These are Moroccan Skewered Scallops. On the left, it was marinated with Charmoula. (another sauce i made). On the right, its seasoned with Ras el Hanout (all the seasonings and sauces/marinates i had to make). And then also the Saffron Israeli CousCous.
 Poor Quaily.
They were so adorable.
 Quail Yakitori
Yakitori is a Japanese glaze, and its usually applied at the end of cooking (so it wont burn). First I seasoned the quail with Shichimi Togarashi (A Japanese 7-spice seasoning I made). Then glazed it with the Yakitori at
the end. I only tasted a little piece because I felt bad for the lil fellow but it was really good.
This was seasoned also with the Shichimi Togarashi, but I made a Peanut Sauce with this one. My Peanut Sauce came out soo good I was happy becuase I love me some good chicken skewers with a good peanut sauce, so I was happy i got to make one (and now i have a recipe! yee!)


Deuce.
<3.

No comments:

Post a Comment