Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Shrooms!

Today I cooked with a lot of MUSHROOMS! I personally dont like mushrooms, BUT, when I cooked with them today it was soooooo goooodd!!!!! Let me show you!!

WILD MUSHROOM BRUSCHETTA: This was sooo good, I can only imagine how mushroom lovers would feel about this. It's wild mushroom mix (cimini, shiitake,chanterelle, portabella, and a couple others) sauted in butter, olive oil and shallots. Added white wine and a little water and cooked au sec (dry). Then melted in some parmigianino reggiano (parmesean cheese). I toasted some of the bread  then put some mascarpone cheese on it (yuumm!!) then just topped it off with the wild mushroom mix!! A bite of this gives you so many different flavors, all soft and not over powering each other. I was surprised the shrooms even had flavor. lol
 POLENTA PASTICCIATA: This is Polenta and its layers with (Pasticciata) which is sweet italian sausage, carrot, onion, celery, garlic, porcini mushrooms, red wine, cut up tomato, (salt, and balsamic vinegar for taste)and topped with rosemary and parsley. on top is sliced melted fontina cheese. This was good too! Polenta reminds me of a softer corn bread, and the meat mixture went well with it, had a lot of flavor. The green stuff on the side is BROCCOLI RABE: just broccoli rabe, with onion, garlic, anchovy, red pepper flakes, s&p and evoo.

 Farro Risotto. Just Risotto but with FARRO which is a yummy grain!! I put a little too much cheese in mine (I know, how could there ever be too much cheese!?!?!) but if I would have added a little less it would have been just right. But the flavor, texture of the farro came out good!


today was successful!! Everything came out so good, and I thank God for always BLESSING my food!!
Keep me in your prayers. I have no idea where I am going to be doing my intern at =/ Im praying for direction! 
 have a good day my little criminis!!

Deuces.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment