Friday, October 28, 2011

Po' Ol' Roger Rabbit

Today we cooked a bunny =[ it reminded me of how my first pet was a white rabbit that my mommy had got for me. His name was Mr.Rabbit, and he was my best friend. lol

Anywho today we made rabbit with some pasta ( pasta from scratch) and also made some sweetbread. SweetBread is the thrymus (yes the neck part thingy ughhk) of a calf or lamb. I made some with a mustard sauce, and the other deep fried.
 =[
 Beginning of pasta.

                                                                      SweetBread^^^
                                                     Sweetbread with mustard sauce. I seared the sweetbread first, then took it out the pan, added shallots to the pan, then white wine,reduced, added some cream and let it reduce for about 10-15 mins. then took off heat whisked in dijon mustard , added sweetbread and serve!!
 Deep Fried Sweet Bread. This was good,they tasted like chicken nuggets. but the thought of what it is just, ughh....cant do it. i put some of the mustard sauce around the plate, &if i was serving would have it on the side for guest to dip in.
Lapin a la graine de Moutarde with Pasta. This also is a mustard sauce. I had added cream and mustard to the reducation of the juices (stock, white wine) that the rabbit was cooking in for about 45 minutes. At the bottom you can see the pasta i made. i really liked the pasta! and the rabbit wasnt bad eitherl.

Deuces.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment