Monday, October 3, 2011

Lil' Duckyy quite tasty.

Today, i cooked DUCK!!!
It came out really good too. I mean, i wuldnt order it off the menu still but its good. Since my mind knows its duck i just cant stand to eat a whole plate of it.
I started out with a whole duck btw, i had to cut it up myself.
 I had to Tournie (tour-nay) Some Turnips...
                                      .....Its basically shaping it into a mini football. Hard but im getting the hang of it.
 Canard Poeler aux Navets
I just cut up some carrots and onions, sweated them in lardons (pieces of bacon) and duck fat. than later reduced veal stock. and Put my pretty lil turnips with it.
Tea Smoked Duck
With the duck breast i had i marinated them in some salt, honey, garlic, water, onion, Madeira (alcohol), thyme and bay leaves, juniper berries, and rubbed sage. Than we smoked it over a mixture of Black tea leaves, brown sugar, dry jasmin rice, peppercorns, whole cinnamon sticks and orange Zest.
and its served rare. BOY was i scurred to taste it but i had to taste what i cooked. and it was good. veryy good flavor! But overall the lil ducky was quite tasty. Imma have to try it with chicken.aha! =]

Deuce.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment