Thursday, August 25, 2011

would you care for some soup?

another successfull day!!
today i made three different soups;
  • Potage Julienne D'Arblay-a potato & leek soup, with carrot, leek, and turnip juliennes.
  • Cultivateur- a vegetable soup with carrots, turnips, leeks, cabbage, peas, green beans, potato.
  • Creme Dubarry- a creme soup of cauliflower (<==*my favorite of the 3*)
I finished at the last minute but was able to serve Chef Mike all three (hot) at the same time which was my goal. Now I just need to work on getting it done faster, URGENCY!!
So happy that it came out good though. i brought what i had left home and let my roommate taste it and she downed it in like 57 seconds!! ha!

everytime i step in the kitchen, im too happy! i love learning about everything, all the different techniques, even things you would think is simple like mis en place, everything in place. I know when i step in the kitchen, or anywhere outside, when i have a goal, it is important to make sure everything is in place before i even start. im content with where im at and my accomplishments so far, but I am striving to be the BEST!!
&& its all for God's Glory!!

 Creme Dubarry, i loved this one the most!! its a cauliflower soup, garnished with yet another piece of bread toasted w/gruyere cheese.
 Cultivateur; a vegetable soup. &quite tasty.
 Potage Julienne D'Arblay; a potato soup with leek, carrot, and turnip juliennes. Oh, & I made the croutons myself =]
               Chef Mike, your in for a taste of heaven! lol


Deuce.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment